One of the most anticipated Hollywood films till date Fast and Furious 8 will soon be ringing its bells before the audiences thus releasing worldwide with a bang. A sequel to Fast and Furious 7, the following movie will most of its lead casts repeated. Filled with nostalgia, zest, romanticism with a criticism (no doubt), the upcoming English language film is considerably the most speculated one with oceans of expectation from the audiences’ as well as critics’ side.
- Diplomatic Security Service Agent
- Nickname: The Hulk
- Elite street racer and auto mechanic
- Nickname: Dom
"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."—Dominic
Hovering around an entirely new plotline, the audience may not find it the exact sequel to the previous project but rather a continuation where they will be able to relate the storyline to much extent. The movie almost in the last stage of post- production, our unit brings you each and every detail regarding Fast and Furious 8.
Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto: The leader of the vigilante street racing team trying to lead a normal life with his wife after he ‘completes’ his task of defeating rivals. Soon he gets manipulated and turns foes with his team henceforth fighting against his family and own men.
Dwayne Johnson as Luke Hobbs: DSS Federal agent who enters the team with Dominic after their outing in Rio De Jenario and Europe. He returns to see Dom turning hostile thus taking a course over Shaw as he knows exactly where the situation has gone wrong.
Michelle Rodriguez as Letty Ortiz: Dominic’s recently wedded wife and professional street racer. She is in major shock after seeing Dom getting intimate and working with Cipher.
Jason Statham as Deckard Shaw: a rogue special forces assassin imprisoned by Dom into working against his allies but later on free himself from imprisonment so as to seek revenge from Dom as he, in the past, killed his brother. Cipher works under Shaw who helps in manipulating Dom against his family and friends.
Charlize Theron as Cipher: A criminal master who conditions Dominic’s mind and manages to corrupt him completely to work against his allies.
Other Important Characters...
- Elsa Pataky as Elena Neves: Hobb’s new Partner, a DSS agent and former Rio police officer who moved to the US after her take in Fast and Furious 7.
- Tyrese Gibson as Roman Pearce: Brian’s childhood friend and member of Dominic’s team.
- Ludacris as Tej Parker : Former street racer and the Dominic’s team technical expert from Miami.
- Don Omar as Rico Santos: Former member of Dominic’s crew who belongs to Dominican Republican and Rio De Janerio.
- Kurt Russel as Frank Petty: Leader of the covert ops team who aided Dominic and team to take down Shaw in Abu Dhabi.
- Tego Calderon as Tego Leo: former member of Dom’s team in Rio and Dominican Republican
- Scott Eastwood : Working as law enforcement agent under Petty
- Kristofer Hifju as Rhodes: one of Cipher’s henchman
- Director: F. Gary Gary
- Producer(s): Neal H. Moritz, Vin Diesel
- Screenplay: Chris Morgan
- Adaptation: Characters by Gary Scott Thompson
- Music Score: Brian Tyler
- Editor: Christian Wagner
- Cinematography: Stephen F. Windson
- Banner: Original Films, One Race Films
The production unit went ahead with the new marketing strategy by not only revealing the First Look of Fast and Furious 8 but rather motion posters, video clips, posters and much more. Below are the list of Posters, Video Clips, etc which were released in the past few months and years in context of the promotion of Fast & Furious 8.
- The first ever poster or first look that got public was that of Vin Diesel standing alone beside his car in great remorse as Brian leaves the team to take care his family.
- The second poster of the film consisted of a city where few prime buildings of the City have been kept in focus. No character in picture, it is the photo file of the city where all the races will take place between Dominic and his team against Aaron’s developed sinister racing team.
- The third poster revealed the looks of Dwayne Johnson as a totally rogue agent where he looked stunning as always. In fact, later another poster simultaneously got revealed where Dwayne and Vin were standing next to each other posing with lots of attitude and undoubtedly, utter style.
- The 4th poster included the entire massive cast of Fast and Furious 8 for the first time which included actors like Dwayne, Vin, Charlize, Jason Statham, Michele, etc.
- The next poster or teaser poster shows Dwayne and Vin back-to-back with their faces lowered. It represents both people going against each other and team as well.
The film released a video clip where it included the locations of the shooting, behind the scenes, crew team having good times, reactions from the onlookers, shooting of race and stunts and so on. It introduced new additions especially Dwayne, Charlize, who gave great reactions to their fans leaving them startled to see such actors off-camera crew members as well along with the way it has been directed or filmed.
The motion poster of Fast and Furious 8 got released 5 months ago on August where Vin was introduced with all the cars hovering and few of them in racing mode beside him. The 16 seconds motion look, was praised by many as it got around 20,000 viewers in total. The motion poster was followed by Teaser which ended up being 1 minute 11 seconds which included Vin with other stars who are starring in the film with all the cars jolted up after an action sequences and best of dialogues taken from Fast & Furious 8. It received more than 1 lakh viewership of which 95% of them gave positive reviews and rest commenting as ‘It could have been better’. Well, that was later on compensated in the trailer of the film.
Released on 12th of December, 2016, the respective trailer of Fast & Furious 8 comprises of stunts, stunts and more stunts. It starts with Dom and his wife moving fats in a car with all his team mates behind him. With the very first scene action sequence occurs with all the cars jolted altogether. Dom hits Hobbs car thus leaving every one stunned hence starts his betrayal to his mates and family with Charlize taking in immense pleasure to see Dom in big trouble. Jason and Dwayne stands face-to-face with matter getting worse than before. The kissing scene between Charlize and Vin turns the table, entirely. The trailer received near about 3, 396,000 viewers of which 20,000 people have shown positive signs wherein 977 disliked it. The production unit have been subscribed by almost 2,00,000 people. People showing interest and watching the trailer have been increasing since its release.
- The Fast and the Furious 1 : June 22, 2001
- 2 Fast 2 Furious : June 6, 2003
- The FAST AND THE Furious: Tokyo Drift: June 16, 2006
- Fast & Furious : April 3, 2009
- Fast Five : April 29, 2011
- Fast & Furious 6: May 24, 2013
- Furious 7: April 3, 2015
- Fast & Furious 8: April 14, 2017
- The first hint for the upcoming Hollywood flick was unveiled during a Chat Show of Jimmy Kimmel Live! where Vin announced the making of the film. The film was rumored to be shot in New York City but later on it included lot of other places such as Spain, Iceland, Russia, NYC, and so on. He announced the crew members like Moritz, Morgan etc. for the following film. Moreover, he tried to convince Cohen to direct the 8th part but later on locked with Gray who is the director of Fast & Furious 8.
- The released date was announced at the Teen Choice Awards 2015 where Late Paul Walker received Choice Movie Actor in Action category. The movie won the best Film too. In 2015, Cohen used CGI for Paul Walker after he met with an accident and passed away in 2013. Well, that is the main reason of Brian O’Conner “moving ahead in life to take care of his family” strategy. The entire crew mourned as his demise came as a tragic incident for the team and especially Vin Diesel, who started his career with Paul.
- Diesel, Russel, Rodriguez, Gibson, Bridges among others were first to sign the film with an addition of Johnson, Morgan, Statham, Mendes, etc to the casting team. Matt Damon was asked to join the team but after his denial Charlize Theron and Kristofer were added to the list as final members.
Fast & Furious 8 Principal Photography/Shooting Locations
The first few portions of Fast and Furious 8 have been shot in New York City followed by Cuba, Iceland cities like Myvatn, Akranes and Atlanta, Cleveland. The shooting started in January 2016 continuing to March 14, April 16 and finally September, October in the US.
Post Production Stage of Fast & Furious 8
The promotion, campaigning and post production work is going on at full pace where the official pages at various social networking sites have been followed up. The Facebook page has all the past Fast & Furious franchise principal photography locations wherein the Twitter handle includes all the celebrities promoting the film in their own style such as Usain Bolt racing competition in Rio Olympics, Josh Berry racing Speedyway, Introducing high-end cars like PaganiZonda (highspeed hyper car), and Promoting Lamborghini used in the film for winning purpose, etc. Apart from the official pages, the actors of Fast & Furious 8 are busy putting up their pictures in various social sharing platforms thus trending the film’s name some way or the other.
Wrapping It Up...
Definitely one of the most intriguing films one could ever come across, the latest franchise of Hollywood blockbuster Fast & Furious is something which should not be missed at all. Adding up to the bevy of stars where the best of Hollywood and other nation’s film actors have amalgamated so as to deliver 2017s best film giving to neck-to-neck competition to other big banner releases as XXX, Wonder Woman, Logan, Transformers, Justice League, Pirates of Caribbean and much more. But what to watch and what not to be, is simply clear in front of you, isn’t it? Fast & Furious 8 is a must watch as it includes all the perfect elements a film tend to possess. Right from locations to star cast, Fast and Furious 8 is absolutely PERFECT!