It’s been almost 16 long years since the first installment of the Fast and the Furious franchise got released and since then there was no looking back for the makers of the film as they rolled out six more installments of the action movie. Be it Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift or Furious 7, each and every entry of the film’s franchise has been equally engrossing because of the power-packed actors as well as plot. And now it’s time to go through the same old adrenaline rush yet again as not even a month left for the release of The Fate of the Furious (Franchise’s eight entry) as the movie is all set to release in your nearby theaters on April 14. The upcoming movie of the Fast and the Furious franchise is helmed by F. Gary Gray who has also directed Straight Outta Compton which earned a miraculous amount at the box office. And with F. Gary Gray’s direction prowess, The Fate of the Furious is definitely going to be as intriguing as the previous seven installments.
Almost every movie made under the franchise of The Fast and the Furious has made an enormous business out of its box office collection. And this time the fans have got more hyped about the upcoming eight installment of the action movie. Therefore, we can expect a mammoth crowd at the ticket counters on April 14. However, the people residing in Berlin are going to get quite lucky as The Fate of the Furious has got an early release date in the largest city of Germany. With an all new angle to the story, inclusion of new cast member and an escalation in the intensity, The Fate of the Furious is going to be highly absorbing.
- Diplomatic Security Service Agent
- Nickname: The Hulk
- Elite street racer and auto mechanic
- Nickname: Dom
"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."—Dominic
Hovering around an entirely new plotline, the audience may not find it the exact sequel to the previous project but rather a continuation where they will be able to relate the storyline to much extent. The movie almost in the last stage of post- production, our unit brings you each and every detail regarding Fast and Furious 8.
Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto: The leader of the vigilante street racing team trying to lead a normal life with his wife after he ‘completes’ his task of defeating rivals. Soon he gets manipulated and turns foes with his team henceforth fighting against his family and own men.
Dwayne Johnson as Luke Hobbs: DSS Federal agent who enters the team with Dominic after their outing in Rio De Jenario and Europe. He returns to see Dom turning hostile thus taking a course over Shaw as he knows exactly where the situation has gone wrong.
Michelle Rodriguez as Letty Ortiz: Dominic’s recently wedded wife and professional street racer. She is in major shock after seeing Dom getting intimate and working with Cipher.
Jason Statham as Deckard Shaw: a rogue special forces assassin imprisoned by Dom into working against his allies but later on free himself from imprisonment so as to seek revenge from Dom as he, in the past, killed his brother. Cipher works under Shaw who helps in manipulating Dom against his family and friends.
Charlize Theron as Cipher: A criminal master who conditions Dominic’s mind and manages to corrupt him completely to work against his allies.
Other Important Characters...
- Elsa Pataky as Elena Neves: Hobb’s new Partner, a DSS agent and former Rio police officer who moved to the US after her take in Fast and Furious 7. Elena was once married to a police officer who got murdered and she became a part of the Brazillian police force soon after her husband’s death.
- Tyrese Gibson as Roman Pearce: Brian’s childhood friend and member of Dominic’s team. He is also a former convict; Roman later becomes a part of Dom’s crew when Mia and he made a plan of looting a corrupted businessman from Portugal.
- Ludacris as Tej Parker : Former street racer and the Dominic’s team technical expert from Miami. Tej was extremely close to Brian O’ Conner who gave him the green signal to participate in street racing while he was living in Florida
- Don Omar as Rico Santos: Former member of Dominic’s crew who belongs to Dominican Republican and Rio De Janerio. Rico happens to be Tego Leo’s best friend and bothe of them are often seen arguing with each other.
- Kurt Russel as Frank Petty: Leader of the covert ops team who aided Dominic and team to take down Shaw in Abu Dhabi. Frank might be an agent of the government but he likes to depict himself as an extremely easy going individual.
- Tego Calderon as Tego Leo: former member of Dom’s team in Rio and Dominican Republican. Tego was seen behind the bars earlier but got released by Rico Santos and Dominic Toretto later.
- Scott Eastwood : He will be seen working for petty as a law enforcement agent. Eastwood has been seen in several intriguing Hollywood movies and his appearance in The Fate of the Furious is going to attract all his fans.
- Kristofer Hifju as Rhodes: Rhodes will be seen joining hands with Cipher and is expected to support her in all the wrongdoings by being her henchman.
Now that the release date for The Fate of the Furious has already approached, the moviegoers are willing to look out for what exactly is going to be witnessed in the upcoming film. We have already talked about the character of Charlize Theron and how villainous she is going to be in the movie. Therefore, Dominic Teoretto is surely going to pair up with Cipher by betraying all his family members. And not only that, even Ruby Rose and Cara Delevingne are going to team up with Charlize Theron to support her in all the unacceptable things initiated by her.
Recently a new track of The Fate of the Furious by G-Eazy & Kehlani came up where some of the happenings of the movie can be seen but a certain glance of Deckard Shaw and Luke Hobbs passing on a smile to each other has raised a speculation. Both the characters are known for having a tiff almost every time. But the fans have started speculating things to take a different direction in The Fate of the Furious after witnessing them smiling at each other in the music video Good Life
However, the star cast of The Fate of the Furious got even more stronger when Helen Mirren got added to it as she will be seen essaying the character of Jason Statham’s mother. Mirren is known for her perfectionism in acting and with her appearance in The Fate of the Furious, the movie is definitely going to drag innumerable viewers to the multiplexes on April 14.
It seems that Vin Diesel and The Rock had a tiff on social media a few days back due to which people have started wondering whether the actors are at all fine with each other now. One the other hand some fans feel that it might just be a publicity stunt from their side. However, some reports also state that the viewers will get to witness the actors together on the film for a short period of time. Well! That can only be figured out once The Fate of the Furious releases.
Some lucky ones already got to watch the movie and they state that the scenes taking place between Jason Statham and The Rock are going to be a treat to the eyes. The scenarios will turn out to be highly intense. But some fans are wanting to witness both of them settling down with each other on The Fate of the Furious. While some feel that they might just end up turning out violent regarding each other.
- Director: F. Gary Gary
- Producer(s): Neal H. Moritz, Vin Diesel
- Screenplay: Chris Morgan
- Adaptation: Characters by Gary Scott Thompson
- Music Score: Brian Tyler
- Editor: Christian Wagner
- Cinematography: Stephen F. Windson
- Banner: Original Films, One Race Films
The production unit went ahead with the new marketing strategy by not only revealing the First Look of Fast and Furious 8 but rather motion posters, video clips, posters and much more. Below are the list of Posters, Video Clips, etc which were released in the past few months and years in context of the promotion of Fast & Furious 8.
- The first ever poster or first look that got public was that of Vin Diesel standing alone beside his car in great remorse as Brian leaves the team to take care his family.
- The second poster of the film consisted of a city where few prime buildings of the City have been kept in focus. No character in picture, it is the photo file of the city where all the races will take place between Dominic and his team against Aaron’s developed sinister racing team.
- The third poster revealed the looks of Dwayne Johnson as a totally rogue agent where he looked stunning as always. In fact, later another poster simultaneously got revealed where Dwayne and Vin were standing next to each other posing with lots of attitude and undoubtedly, utter style.
- The 4th poster included the entire massive cast of Fast and Furious 8 for the first time which included actors like Dwayne, Vin, Charlize, Jason Statham, Michele, etc.
- The next poster or teaser poster shows Dwayne and Vin back-to-back with their faces lowered. It represents both people going against each other and team as well.
- And now and all new poster of The Fast and the Furious has been rolled out and it has been unveiled by Dwayne Johnson himself on his official Twitter handle. He has captioned the poster as Never give up on family, but if they try and kill you.. hunt em down, slap em around and make em pay.
The film released a video clip where it included the locations of the shooting, behind the scenes, crew team having good times, reactions from the onlookers, shooting of race and stunts and so on. It introduced new additions especially Dwayne, Charlize, who gave great reactions to their fans leaving them startled to see such actors off-camera crew members as well along with the way it has been directed or filmed.
The motion poster of Fast and Furious 8 got released 5 months ago on August where Vin was introduced with all the cars hovering and few of them in racing mode beside him. The 16 seconds motion look, was praised by many as it got around 20,000 viewers in total. The motion poster was followed by Teaser which ended up being 1 minute 11 seconds which included Vin with other stars who are starring in the film with all the cars jolted up after an action sequences and best of dialogues taken from Fast & Furious 8. It received more than 1 lakh viewership of which 95% of them gave positive reviews and rest commenting as ‘It could have been better’. Well, that was later on compensated in the trailer of the film.
Released on 12th of December, 2016, the respective trailer of Fast & Furious 8 comprises of stunts, stunts and more stunts. It starts with Dom and his wife moving fats in a car( we can see in car Dash cam) with all his team mates behind him. With the very first scene action sequence occurs with all the cars jolted altogether. Dom hits Hobbs car thus leaving every one stunned hence starts his betrayal to his mates and family with Charlize taking in immense pleasure to see Dom in big trouble. Jason and Dwayne stands face-to-face with matter getting worse than before. The kissing scene between Charlize and Vin turns the table, entirely. The trailer received near about 3, 396,000 viewers of which 20,000 people have shown positive signs wherein 977 disliked it. The production unit have been subscribed by almost 2,00,000 people. People showing interest and watching the trailer have been increasing since its release.
- The Fast and the Furious 1 : June 22, 2001
- 2 Fast 2 Furious : June 6, 2003
- The FAST AND THE Furious: Tokyo Drift: June 16, 2006
- Fast & Furious : April 3, 2009
- Fast Five : April 29, 2011
- Fast & Furious 6: May 24, 2013
- Furious 7: April 3, 2015
- Fast & Furious 8: April 14, 2017
- The first hint for the upcoming Hollywood flick was unveiled during a Chat Show of Jimmy Kimmel Live! where Vin announced the making of the film. The film was rumored to be shot in New York City but later on it included lot of other places such as Spain, Iceland, Russia, NYC, and so on. He announced the crew members like Moritz, Morgan etc. for the following film. Moreover, he tried to convince Cohen to direct the 8th part but later on locked with Gray who is the director of Fast & Furious 8.
- The released date was announced at the Teen Choice Awards 2015 where Late Paul Walker received Choice Movie Actor in Action category. The movie won the best Film too. In 2015, Cohen used CGI for Paul Walker after he met with an accident and passed away in 2013. Well, that is the main reason of Brian O’Conner “moving ahead in life to take care of his family” strategy. The entire crew mourned as his demise came as a tragic incident for the team and especially Vin Diesel, who started his career with Paul.
- Diesel, Russel, Rodriguez, Gibson, Bridges among others were first to sign the film with an addition of Johnson, Morgan, Statham, Mendes, etc to the casting team. Matt Damon was asked to join the team but after his denial Charlize Theron and Kristofer were added to the list as final members.
Fast & Furious 8 Principal Photography/Shooting Locations
The first few portions of Fast and Furious 8 have been shot in New York City followed by Cuba, Iceland cities like Myvatn, Akranes and Atlanta, Cleveland. The shooting started in January 2016 continuing to March 14, April 16 and finally September, October in the US.
Post Production Stage of Fast & Furious 8
The promotion, campaigning and post production work is going on at full pace where the official pages at various social networking sites have been followed up. The Facebook page has all the past Fast & Furious franchise principal photography locations wherein the Twitter handle includes all the celebrities promoting the film in their own style such as Usain Bolt racing competition in Rio Olympics, Josh Berry racing Speedyway, Introducing high-end cars like PaganiZonda (highspeed hyper car), and Promoting Lamborghini used in the film for winning purpose, etc. Apart from the official pages, the actors of Fast & Furious 8 are busy putting up their pictures in various social sharing platforms thus trending the film’s name some way or the other.
Wrapping It Up...
Definitely one of the most intriguing films one could ever come across, the latest franchise of Hollywood blockbuster Fast & Furious is something which should not be missed at all. Adding up to the bevy of stars where the best of Hollywood and other nation’s film actors have amalgamated so as to deliver 2017s best film giving to neck-to-neck competition to other big banner releases as XXX, Wonder Woman, Logan, Transformers, Justice League, Pirates of Caribbean and much more. But what to watch and what not to be, is simply clear in front of you, isn’t it? Fast & Furious 8 is a must watch as it includes all the perfect elements a film tend to possess. Right from locations to star cast, Fast and Furious 8 is absolutely PERFECT!